Monday, March 7, 2011

That was easy!

As a teacher, I have to admit, I'm an office supply junkie. However, unless it's the beginning of a new school year, I really haven't paid too much attention to the circulars from those kinds of stores. I used to also not pay very much attention to drugstore ads, until I learned how much money there was to be saved (and even made!). However, all that has changed!

I've noticed recently, that our Staples store has $1, $2, and $3 purchases-- which immediately caught my attention. A couple of weeks ago, I was totally tempted to purchase their 9" recycled scissors they had on sale for $1, because the ones I have at school wouldn't (in the words of my mother) "cut hot butter".  However, there's something about the words "scissor" and "recycled" that just didn't gel in my itty-bitty brain, so I passed. This past week, I had the opportunity to give those bad boys a trial run. You know what? They cut-- and well! Okay, moving on...

So this week, Staples has them for $2, which makes me mad that I passed on the $1 deal, but whatever. Although the money came out of my own pocket, it's totally worth it, when your current scissor blades must be made of oil & water because they don't even come close to touching! --Are you starting to feel my pain with these ridiculous scissors?? :) Okay, so here's where it matters (and it ain't about the stinkin' scissors).

Staples has what they call an "Easy Rebate" plan. Each week, they advertise specials you can either mail in a rebate for or fill out a form online. Two of the items I purchased yesterday with rebates are Pentel RSVP Black Pens (limit 1) FREE after $2.99 rebate and Hammermill copy paper (limit 2) $1 after $4.99 rebate.

If you fill out a paper form to mail in, it's on the receipt (have them explain the numbers to submit the first time you submit). If you fill out the form online, then you have 2 payment options.

You can either receive a check in the mail (4-6 weeks) or you can opt to have it deposited into a PayPal account. Sweet!

New scissors (that cut!): check. Plenty of pens for free: check. Paper for printing more coupons: check. In the future, I solemnly swear to check the office supply circulars when it's not "back to school" season... You probably should, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment