Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Letters, We Got Letters

Back in the day, when I didn't fall asleep like Grandma in my chair at night, I would burn the midnight oil & watch Letterman. I enjoyed when they got fan mail & would read it on the air, so today's title is a nod to Letterman-- if they only showed it live, in the morning, when it's taped, I could actually stay awake to watch it, but I digress...

A few weeks ago, I encouraged you in this post to write letters to manufacturers. My point then was to write when you had a beef with a company, as they'd often times make it right. Since then, I have written several companies to state my case, but others just to praise their efforts and applaud their products.

Mama Mancini Meatballs in Sunday Sauce

A few days ago, I wrote Mama Mancini's a short e-mail telling them how much we enjoyed their "meatballs and Sunday sauce". I almost immediately received an email thanking me for my letter and their "desire is to please their customers", blah, blah, blah. However, yesterday I received a letter from Mama Mancini's with several coupons for their products, asking me to use some for myself and share the rest with friends in a part of their "grass roots coupon campaign." Sweet!

CoverGirl

In that same post, I also told you I was planning to write Covergirl, as I had purchased a product, with which, I wasn't completely pleased. The e-mail I sent said I had used their products since my teens and I'm a little past those years now, (okay I'm now teenage x 2... plus a few, but whatever) and had no plans of switching products, I just wasn't a fan of this particular item. A few days later, I received return correspondence saying there "are many checkpoints along the way in manufacturing" and they were sorry to hear I "wasn't pleased with their product" and that they would be sending me "a full refund". That wasn't my intention, but I also understand they don't want me out dissing P&G products or the Covergirl name... which I'm not!

What's the point to all this rambling?? If you like (or dislike) a product, take a few minutes to let the manufacturer know and always be sure to include your mailing address! You will probably be rewarded for your time. I highly encourage being polite and using manners in your correspondence. No need to call their Momma names or anything! :) Get to writing!
Save on, friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment